The Invisalign® system is a series of clear aligners used to straighten teeth. If you have any questions that are not answered on this page, do not hesitate to call one of our offices to learn more.
- Q: How many patients are being treated with Invisalign®?
A: Since the new Millennium and the introduction of Invisalign®, dentists worldwide have been offering this exciting alternative to braces for suitable patients. The number of Invisalign® smiles grows daily. At your next appointment, we can help answer any questions you might have, and get you started on the smile you've always wanted.
- Q: What are the primary benefits of Invisalign®?
A: Invisalign® aligners are clear; no one may even notice that you're wearing braces, making Invisalign® a seamless fit with your lifestyle and day-to-day interactions with others. Invisalign® is removable. Unlike braces, you have the flexibility to eat and drink what you want during treatment simply by removing the aligners when you eat. You can also remove the aligners to brush and floss as you normally would for fresh breath and good oral hygiene. Unlike traditional metal braces, Invisalign® does not use metal brackets or wires that could cause irritation to your mouth. In addition, you'll spend less time in the doctor's chair and having to schedule appointments, and more time out doing the things you love. Lastly, Invisalign® allows you to view your virtual results and treatment plan before you start your treatment, so that you can preview how your straight teeth will look once your treatment is complete.
- Q: What is Invisalign®?
A: The Invisalign® system is the virtually invisible way to straighten your teeth and help achieve the smile you've always wanted. Using 3D computer imaging technology, Invisalign® depicts your complete treatment plan, from the initial position of your teeth to the final desired position. Then a series of clear aligners are custom made for your teeth - and your teeth only - to move them little by little. Each aligner is worn for about two weeks before being replaced by the next in the series until the final position of your teeth is achieved. Your Invisalign® treatment time will be determined by your doctor based on your specific needs.
- Q: Will Invisalign® fit my lifestyle?
- Time for a snack? No problem. Take out your aligners to eat or drink whenever you want.
- Since Invisalign® is virtually invisible chances are no one will even notice anything is different, until your new smile is revealed, of course.
- You can remove your Invisalign® aligners, so you can brush and floss regularly and keep your teeth and gums healthy.
- You can occasionally remove your Invisalign® aligners and enjoy a special night out.
- There's no need to change a thing. Continue your day-to-day activities while still straightening your teeth.
Be yourself with Invisalign®. Since it's clear, you don't have to hide your smile while going through treatment.
- With Invisalign®, it's easy to make your smile picture perfect for that special occasion.
- Invisalign® appointments work with your schedule. Most visits are in and out, with a quick progress check once every six weeks.